From wired to wireless, now you create the right network solution for your home—faster, smarter, and better. Dive in! This friendly, high-energy guide makes it easy to teach yourself exactly what you need. Use the quick lists, numbered steps, and helpful examples to get up and running right away—and move on to doing the cool things you want to do!
- Share an Internet connection among multiple computers
- Avoid first-timers’ mistakes when running cable
- Set up a wireless connection—and help keep poachers out
- Hook up and share a printer and other devices
- Help protect yourself from viruses and other Web vermin
- Quickly link your Windows®-based PCs and Macs
- Intensify your gameplay—in teams, solo, or over the Web!
About the Author
Curtis Frye is the author of numerous books on Excel and other Office products, most recently the Excel 2007 Pocket Guide. He graduated from Syracuse in 1990 with a degree in political science, and then moved to Washington, DC, where he worked as a defense trade analyst for four years and as the director of sales and marketing for an ISP for one year. He moved to Portland, Oregon, in 1995 to launch his freelance writing career. When Curt's not writing, and often while he is writing, he is a keynote speaker, mentalist, and professional improvisational comedian.