Favorite Christmas Hymns for Kids (Volume 3) is a collection of five favorite hymns for piano students. Though written for children, it is appropriate for any beginner regardless of age. Volume Three includes these popular Christmas hymns arranged for the early and late beginner:
- "Brightest and Best"
- "Go Tell It On The Mountain"
- "Good Christian Men Rejoice"
- "God Rest You Merry Gentlemen"
- "What Child Is This?"
Favorite Christmas Hymns for Kids also includes:
- Enlarged music score-two pages per hymn
- Verse one each hymn, additional marks including introduction, refrain, playing both hands up one octave and final "Amen" ending
- Measure numbers (circled) at the beginning of each music scoreline
- Finger number recommendations above or below notes for both hands. Arrows above or below finger numbers alert students of changing finger positions
Student Hymn Worksheets
- Questions on hymn name, tune name, hymn meter, key, and time signatures
- Music practice checklist and keyboard graphic
- Additional hymn verses
- Answer lines under music notes for the student to write and count rhythms
- Piano arrangement marks reference sheet - an example of how to use piano arrangement marks
- Rhythm worksheet reference sheet - rhythm examples of how to count and write rhythms
- Answers keys for the hymn worksheet and rhythm worksheet answer keys are found at the end of this book.
- Glossary - over 40 hymn terms, and music terms and symbols
If you do not need the hymn and rhythm worksheets, then please consider our series Just Hymns for Christmas.
For more information about the history, purpose and music theory of hymns (for example, what is a hymn name, tune name, hymn meter, etc.), refer to the companion book Hymns for Kids: Learn How to Read and Enjoy Christian Hymns (Psalms and Praise Choruses, Too!). Hymns for Kids will help the student answer Favorite Christmas Hymn's worksheet questions.
Each hymn arrangement in this series is available as an individual download at www.PraiseNotes.com. Also available at PraiseNotes.com are additional early and late beginner, intermediate and advanced hymn arrangements, as well as original hymn compositions.
About the Author
Kim has also been a church musician for over 25 years. She loves teaching online piano lessons across the country via Skype. With her husband, Kurt Snow, they have composed praise songs, pieces for children's choirs and original hymns. Her advanced hymn arrangements have been published in the national publication "The Church Pianist" and Lorenz's piano solos for Holy Week, "With Jesus Through the Shadows."