An inclusive and diverse anthology that gathers 75 empowering heroines from across pop culture perfect for fans of all ages.
Whether it's anime, movies, video games, comics, books, or television series, pop culture is full of female characters that inspire and encourage us to be brave, kind, thoughtful, and powerful. With comic-book inspired illustrations, character profiles and origins, and fun facts throughout, Fierce Heroines is the ultimate feminist tribute to pop culture's most amazing female characters.
Now fans can learn about 75 diverse classic and contemporary heroines that are empowering girls and women all over the world like:
- Anime & Manga: San ( Princess Mononoke), Usagi Tsukino ( Sailor Moon), Tohru Honda ( Fruits Basket), Bulma ( Dragon Ball), Kagome Higurashi ( InuYasha), and Ochako Uraraka ( My Hero Academia)
- Cartoons: She-Ra ( She-Ra and the Princess of Power), Susie Carmichael ( Rugrats), Carmen Sandiego ( Carmen Sandiego), Toph Beifong ( Avatar: the Last Airbender), and Garnet ( Steven Universe)
- Comics: Doreen Green ( Squirrel Girl), Ripley ( Lumberjanes), Goldie Vance ( Goldie Vance), Marjane Satrapi ( Persepolis), Leah Dwyer ( Jem and the Holograms), and Barbara Gordon ( Birds of Prey)
- Movies: Hermoine ( Harry Potter), Moana ( Moana), Jesminder Bhamra ( Bend It Like Beckham), Valkyrie ( Thor: Ragnarok), Leia Organa ( Star Wars), and Meg Murry ( A Wrinkle in Time)
- Television: The 13th Doctor ( Doctor Who), Andi Mack ( Andi Mack), Eleven ( Stranger Things), Mel, Maggie & Macy ( Charmed), Becky Jackson ( Glee), McKeyla, Adrienne, Bryden & Camryn ( Project Mc²)
- Video Games: Lara Croft ( Tomb Raider), Tifa Lockhart ( Final Fantasy VII), Tracer ( Overwatch), Zelda ( The Legend of Zelda), Samus Aran ( Metroid), and Mina ( Battle Chef Brigade)
|Publisher:||Running Press Book Publishers|
|Product dimensions:||6.50(w) x 1.50(h) x 9.50(d)|
About the Author
Rosie Knight is a journalist and author from London who currently lives in Long Beach, CA. She grew up reading comics, writing poetry, and talking far too much about her passions. Luckily, she managed to translate that into a career and now spends her time writing about all the things she loves at outlets like The Hollywood Reporter, Nerdist, IGN, Slashfilm, Eisner-nominated Women Write About Comics, Eisner-winning PanelXPanel, Esquire, and Buzzfeed.
Arielle Jovellanos is a NY based freelance illustrator, writer, and comic artist. Her work has been featured in the Eisner & Harvey nominated anthology Fresh Romance and in magazines, comics, books, and branded social media campaigns. Recently, she drew a series of variant covers for the Buffy The Vampire Slayer: Giles mini-series by Joss Whedon & Erika Alexander, was a featured cover artist for the Adventure Time comic series, and finished a nine month art residency with Redbubble in San Francisco.