1. Introduction: FIFA and the contest for world football - an interpretive and conceptual framework.
Part 1. FIFA and its Expanding Football Family: Background and Context. .
2. FIFA, Europe and South America: foundations and contradictions in the football family.
3. FIFA: an organizational and institutional analysis.
4. FIFA and its partners: media and markets.
5. FIFA's World Cup Finals: getting the event.
Part 2. FIFA and the Collapse of Empire.
6. FIFA and Africa.
7. FIFA and Asia.
8. FIFA and the former Soviet Union.
9. FIFA's final frontier - USA '94.
10. Conclusion: who rules the peoples' game?.
Afterword: FIFA and the Future of World Football.
Appendix: VISION for the Future Governance of Football.