Figuring Foreigners Out: A Practical Guideby Craig Storti
Pub. Date: 12/01/1998
This hands-on resource can be used as a self-paced guide or in a facilitated (work or academic course) environment. The book enables readers to encounter and confront culture
Craig Storti is a renowned expert in intercultural communications whose approaches are highly practical and based on his decades of experience as an intercultural trainer throughout the world.
This hands-on resource can be used as a self-paced guide or in a facilitated (work or academic course) environment. The book enables readers to encounter and confront culture head on, to interact with and respond to it. In the process, culture will become something real and alive, something to deal with, not merely think about.
NEW TO THIS EDITION:
1. New introduction by the author highlighting changes in approaches since 1998!
2. A diagnostic quiz at beginning and end touching on all major elements discussed in the book. Before working through the exercises, readers get a score. They take the quiz again at the end of the book to see how much they've learned and where improvement is needed.
3. A new exercise to begin chapter 1 and a revised introduction
4. Revision of Exercise 5.1, The Cross-Cultural Perspective: Description or Interpretation
5. Addition of a new exercise in Chapter 5 based on Bennet's Developmental Model of Intercultural Sensitivity and new chapter introduction
6. Revised continuums (with regional/country locations) to reflect research done since 1st edition.
7. Updates throughout to ensure content is up-to-date and reflects current standards
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.12(w) x 9.12(h) x 0.50(d)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews