In today's fast-paced world, taking time to slow down, create stillness and find silence is essential. This straightforward approach to yoga, health and meditation will motivate and guide both new and experienced yoga practitioners towards happier, healthier and more balanced lives.
Mahnaz Jahangiri gives insightful tips on how to create a better "home" within your own body and mind. Through reviews of basic yoga philosophy and history, clear explanations of the health benefits of yoga and meditation, and a simple step-by-step practice sequence, this book will start you down the path of self healing.
Everyone can create more happiness in their lives. With these simple guidelines you will learn to move through your life with more ease, clarity and contentment, and take charge of your own health- mentally, emotionally and physically.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction- Changing Lives with Yoga
2. Finding Home- A Place or a Feeling?
3. Samadhi- The 8th Limb of Yoga
4. Meditation- The Essential Component of Yoga
5. Hatha Yoga- Physical Practice and Breathing Techniques
6. Classical Yoga- A Philosophy
7. Modern Yoga- What is it and How was it Influenced
8. Yoga Today- The Direction of Yoga and Meditation
9. Our Compass- How do we get back on the Path?
10. Your Way Home- Developing a Personal Practice