Want it by Thursday, September 27
Order now and choose Expedited Shipping during checkout.
Same Day shipping in Manhattan. See Details
Where is this thing called love? And how do you get there from here? For many it's an elusive goal that's over even before it has a chance to start but it doesn't have to be. In A FINE ROMANCE, nationally recognized psychologist Dr. Judith Sills shows how the whole agonizing and exhilarating process of love actually develops between two people and how the rules of successful courtship can be learned and mastered.
Dr. Sills covers all the skills you need to develop the right relationship in the areas of intimacy, compromise, and commitment. She also takes you step-by-step through the five stages of a relationship:
* SELECTION when you actively or passively choose a partner.
* SEDUCTION the dating days when you and your partner decide if the relationship is romantic, platonic, or dead.
* SWITCH that uncomfortable period when the pursuer backs off just as the partner responds.
* NEGOTIATION when you both acknowledge your differences and try to find a decent way to fight about them.
* COMMITMENT the negotiation to marriage.
There is no one right person. There is only your ability to give and receive love. This book will help lovers learn how to do just that.
|Publisher:||Random House Publishing Group|
|Product dimensions:||5.50(w) x 8.50(h) x 0.50(d)|
About the Author
Judith Sills, Ph.D., is a psychologist, keynote speaker, and media figure, and the author of the #1 New York Times bestseller Excess Baggage: Getting Out of Your Own Way. Her other books include A Fine Romance and How to Stop Looking for Someone Perfect and Find Someone to Love. Her writing also appears in Psychology Today, for which she is the contributing editor for the workplace. She lives in Pennsylvania, where she runs a private consultation practice.