Ignite Your Writing Brain!
Whether you're an experienced writer or just starting out, an endless number of pitfalls can trip up your efforts, from procrastination and writer's block to thin characters and uninspired plots. Luckily, you have access to an extraordinary writing tool that can help overcome all of these problems: your brain.
Fire Up Your Writing Brain teaches you how to develop your brain to its fullest potential. Based on proven, easy-to-understand neuroscience, this book details ways to stimulate, nurture, and hone your brain into the ultimate writing tool. Inside, you'll learn how to:
- Identify the type of writer you are: Do you think or feel your way through writing a book? Are you a pantser or a plotter?
- Develop writing models that accelerate your learning curve.
- Hardwire your brain for endurance and increased productivity.
- Brainstorm better character concepts and plot points.
- Learn to edit your manuscript on both a macro and micro level.
- Recharge a lagging brain to gain an extra burst of creativity.
"An excellent resourcethe way that neuroscience and the art of writing are jointly explored allows for a new, unique, and practical integration of the two." Teresa Aubele-Futch, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Neuroscience at Saint Mary's College, Notre Dame and co-author of Train Your Brain to Get Happy and Train Your Brain to Get Rich
"Full of neuroscience facts and tips, this inspiring book will change your brainand your writing life. I learned techniques that I'll apply to my students and my own writing." Linda Joy Myers, President of the National Association of Memoir Writers and award-winning author of Don't Call Me Mother: A Daughter's Journey from Abandonment to Forgiveness
|Product dimensions:||5.40(w) x 8.30(h) x 0.80(d)|
About the Author
Susan Reynolds has been a journalist, writer, and editor for more than twenty-five years. She is the co-author of Train Your Brain to Get Happy, 365 Ways to Boost Your Brainpower, and writes a blog for Psychology Today.