First Aid for the Basic Sciences, General Principles / Edition 1 available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
- McGraw-Hill Companies, The
Everything you need to build a foundation for learning the basic medical sciences in one comprehensive review!
4 STAR DOODY'S REVIEW!
"I would recommend this book to those preparing for USMLE Step 1. The chapters are inclusive with useful color pictures and charts. The many sidebars that include clinical correlates and mnemonics further help with retaining information. I would also recommend this book as an adjunct for those in the first and second year of medical school. It can help students focus on those aspects of the curriculum that are most important, both for Step 1 and during the clinical years as well." Doody's
From the authors of First Aid for the® USMLE Step 1 comes this comprehensive summary of essential basic science general principles covered in the first two years of medical school. It provides the background you need before reviewing for the board and distills important coourse material down to easily understood parts.
- Emphasizes the major basic science concepts taught in medical school
- Covers the high-yield topics and facts tested on the USMLE
- Includes a framework for understanding anatomy and histology, embryology, behavioral science, biochemistry, microbiology, immunology, pathology, and pharmacology
- Written by top students who aced their exams adn the USMLE
- Organized in the same manor as First Aid for the® USMLE Step 1 to facilitate cross-study
- Packed with hundreds of full-color images and tables
- Great for PBL and integrated curricula
- Can be used with its companion volume, First Aid for the® Basic Sciences: Organ Systems for a complete, high-yield review of basic science
Visit www.AccessMedStudent.com and www.FirstAidTeam.com
About the Author
Tao Le, MD, MHS, is Assistant Clinical Professor of Pediatrics in the Division of Allergy and Immunology at the University of Louisville. He is also affiliated with the Division of Allergy and Immunology at The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
Excellent book, very easy way to find unclear concepts!!!
The book will be usefull to all med students and also attendings that need to perform a review of basics