First Aid for the Emergency Medicine Clerkship / Edition 1 available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
- McGraw-Hill Companies, The
* High-Yield Topics
* Student-Recommended Resources,Opportunities,Scholarships REAL ANSWERS TO CLERKSHIP QUESTIONS
* The only student-to-student,step-by-step guide to clerkship success
* Detailed how-to-succeed and what-to-study guidance from emergency medicine clerkship vets
* Hundreds of recently tested high-yield topics from shelf exams and the USMLE Step 2
* Insider tips for outstanding performance from students who*ve been there
* "Classifieds" do the research for you,featuring high-yield Websites and top extracurricular opportunities andscholarships
* Tear-out cards with essential emergency medicine concepts in pocket-ready format The Student-to-Student Guide
* Discover med students* *secret weapon* for the clinical clerkship
* Impress on the wards and succeed in the clerkship
* Get answers to shelf-exam questions from students who passed
* Save time with high-yield topics,mnemonics,and pocket-ready reminders
* Apply the First Aid formula for clerkship success!
About the Author
Latha G. Stead, MD, MS, FACEP is Chief, Division of Clinical Research and Professor of Emergency Medicine at the University of Florida College of Medicine at Gainesville. She is also Adjunct Professor of Emergency Medicine at Mayo Clinic College of Medicine (Rochester, MN) and serves as Editor-in-Chief of International Journal of Emergency Medicine.
Matthew S. Kaufman, MD is a board-certified oncologist in Long Island Jewish Medical Center (New York). He completed his fellowship in hematology and his residency in internal medicine at LIJ Medical Center. He is a graduate of SUNY-Downstate College of Medicine.
Torrey A. Laack, MD, FACEP is Assistant Professor of Emergency Medicine and Emergency Medicine Clerkship Director at Mayo Clinic College of Medicine (Rochester, MN).
Jonathan Fisher, MD, MPH, FACEP is Director of Undergraduate Education in the Department of Emergency Medicine as well as Assistant Professor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School (Boston, MA). Dr. Fisher is President-Elect of the Clerkship Directors in Emergency Medicine (CDEM).
Anunaya Jain, MBBS, MRCP and Minal Jain, MBBS are in the Department of Neurosurgery at The University of Rochester Medical Center.
Table of ContentsSection I: How to Succeed in the Emergency Medicine Clerkship
Section II: High-Yield Facts
Head and Neck Emergencies
Renal and Genitourinary Emergencies
Hematologic and Oncologic Emergencies
Emergency Medical Services
Ethics, Medicolegal Issues, and Evidence-Based Medicine
Section III: Classified
Web Site Resources for Students Interested in an EM Residency