Designed for people who have little or no background in first aid and CPR, this book provides coverage of every essential element required by OSHA's current guidelines. Grant Goold offers clear and concise information on how to properly provide basic first aid on a limited number of injuries and illnesses until professional help arrives. Universal first aid symbols trigger instant recall of skills and allow readers to focus on only the most important skills necessary. Real-life response scenarios offer readers the opportunity to check their recall of chapter material and prepare emergency action plans. The emergency action plan helps readers develop a pre-plan on how to react in similar situations. Includes new information on infants and children. Contains over 100 full color photos and illustrations. Anyone who needs to learn basic first aid skills.
|Edition description:||Older Edition|
|Product dimensions:||8.10(w) x 10.60(h) x 0.40(d)|
Table of Contents
1. Scene Safety.
2. Universal Precautions.
3. Primary Survey.
4. Secondary Survey.
5. Activation of the Emergency Medical Services System (EMS).
6. Basic Life Support: Rescue Breathing and Artificial Ventilation.
7. Basic Life Support: Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation.
8. Hypovolemic Shock.
9. Soft Tissue Injury.
10. Musculoskeletal Injury and Immobilization.
11. Spinal Precautions.
12. Oxygen Application.
13. Bleeding and Soft Tissue Injury.
14. Head, Face, and Throat Injury.
15. Back and Spinal Injuries.
16. Eye Injuries.
17. Heat-Related Emergencies.
18. Cold-Related Emergencies.
20. Breathing Emergencies.
21. Cardiac Emergencies: Heart Attack or Chest Pains.
22. Chest Injuries.
23. Abdominal Emergencies.
26. Poisoning and Overdose.
27. Seizures and Convulsions.
28. Anaphylactic Shock, or Severe Allergic Reaction.