Temporarily Out of Stock Online
From basic research to advanced strategies, this useful, interactive book combines today's most important investing concepts in one easy-to-follow resource. To help investors make the jump from reading to actually placing that first trade, it covers:
- How to determine a realistic investing budget
- Where to buy stocks and mutual funds online
- Top sources of reliable investing information
Time-Honored Techniques for Understanding the Stock MarketAnd Protecting Your Financial Plan from Market Downturns
To be successful in today's turbulent investment markets, you must know your own investment style and risk tolerance as well as the proven techniques that will help you to succeed. The First Time Investor's Workbook is a hands-on, step-by-step course for learning the basic and advanced strategies used by leading investors to build plans designed to succeed in good and bad markets.
Worksheets, checklists, charts, and examples show you how to build your financial plan like professionals have for years, and then help you to invest based on skill and knowledge instead of luck and misinformation. The First Time Investor's Workbook introduces you to crucial techniques and tools including:
- The Lifeboat DrillAn easy-to-follow exercise for determining your risk tolerance and defining your investment strategy
- The Investment Policy StatementA strategic tool for staying on target and on track to meet your financial goals
- The Five Rules of InvestingCornerstone ideas you must understand to increase your probability of success
- Complete Investment GlossaryDefinitions and examples for today's most important investing concepts
Start today to design and implement an effective investment plan one that works with the market instead of against itwith The First Time Investor's Workbook.
On virtually every page, helpful icons alert you to key points you can't afford to overlook. Look for these icons:
- Actions you should take, fill in, or complete
- Technical information you must understand to maximize your returns
- Ideas that can save you time, money, or trouble
- Easybut essential concepts to understand
- Cautions to help you stay out of investment danger
- Financial Riskometer tells you what risks to watch out for and why
- Life Situations such as college or divorce, and how to invest for each
|Publisher:||McGraw-Hill Companies, The|
|Product dimensions:||8.46(w) x 10.86(h) x 0.41(d)|
Table of ContentsIntroduction.
What Will This Workbook Accomplish for You?
How to Use This Workbook.
How This Workbook Is Organized.
Special Features of This Workbook.
Section I: Getting Started.
The Investment Policy Statement (IPS).
The Financial Success Diet.
What Lifestyle Stage Are You In?
How Much Money Will You Need?
What Kind of Investor Are You?
The Five Personalities.
The Lifeboat Drill.
Recognizing Your Constraints.
What Is Your Time Horizon?
Section II: The Rules of the Game.
The Six Concepts.
Concept One: The Importance of Asset Allocation.
Concept Two: Understanding Diversification.
Concept Three: Combining Dissimilar Investments.
Concept Four: Adding Time to Your Investment Program.
Concept Five: The Magic of Compounding.
Concept Six: Understanding Asset-Class Investing.
How to Invest in These Asset Classes.
Understanding the VehiclesMutual Funds.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
I picked this book up to read on the plane. I got through the process and I've learnt a lot about what I was doing wrong in the past few years. I only wish I'd had it sooner, it would have saved me a lot of money! Anyway it has nice pictures and really good insights. I recommend for anyone who wants a good basis for investing.
I read this book and was suprised at just how much fun I had. It was amazingly educational, I will pass it on to my friends who ask about good books on investing. It is really objective in its advise and gives really good insights. I loved the graphics and fill-in tables.
This was by far the best investment book I've ever read. It wasn't just a dictionary of investment terms. It has a practical step by step guide on what to do. I wasn't overwhelmed as I went through the steps. It has great insights and tools that walked me through the process. I was suprised at what I learnt about myself and investing.
This is the first investment book I've read that took me through the whole investment process in an easy to use and practical manner. the graphics and real life examples were great. I will never invest the same way again