The police service is an excellent, but demanding, career. Whether you are hoping to join your local service and want to get fit in order to pass the entrance tests, or whether you are an experienced officer wanting to get back in shape, this book has been written to help you devise a suitable training programme. The publication considers the fitness requirements of policing, and suggests a suitable training programme that is designed to meet the job and entrance test requirements.
- Job related fitness requirements - how fit you need to be and what aspects of fitness are important in policing.
- A training system for police - what is fitness, training principles and guidelines, and how to develop a programme.
- Resistance training in detail.
- Detailed descriptions of exercises, with pictures.
- Cardiovascular training in detail.
- Speed and skills training in detail.
- Planning your own training - equipment you will need, where to train and how to fit in your training.
- Maintaining motivation and recording your progress.
- Nutrition for health and fitness. How to fuel your training and recovery, as well as aiding overall health.
- Keeping your mind healthy in a stressful job.
- Staying healthy.
Fitness training for police has been written to be suitable and relevant no matter where you serve. The training system will provide the basis for building a level of fitness that will be sufficient for all major police forces in the Western world. It is recommended that you allow between six to twelve months of following the advice contained in the book to develop your fitness before applying to your chosen force.
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.48(d)|