When the only way is up, risk-averse Bruce challenges himself most originally, to live his life by the Fl!p of a coin for a year.
Faced with homelessness, no job, and fresh out of a 20 year relationship, risk-averse Bruce Molloy decides to put his fate in the hands of a coin. For one year, Bruce commits to making decisions, from where to eat lunch to whether to pack up and relocate to Bali, by the Fl!p of a coin – and in doing so found a new sense of purpose and direction.
From an introverted horticultural therapist struggling with depression and burn-out, Bruce’s life transforms as he rids his mind of all unnecessary clutter of decision making. Fl!pping becomes an integral part of Bruce’s life as he settles in Indonesia teaching scuba diving and coaching others in this mindfulness technique.
Bruce shares his story and his techniques of surrendering and committing to show you how to let go of the conflict of everyday decision making. Bruce applies the principle of living in the moment when faced with choices that would usually fill his mind with chatter and noise. He explains how to relieve psychological distress and liberate yourself with no more than a Fl!p of a coin.
Presented in three sections, as a (i) Memoir, (ii) Mindful Application and finally as a (iii) ‘How to’, Fl!p will have readers hooked. In no time at all, they will practise the Fl!pping techniques in the cereal aisle, or maybe the travel agents, or… who knows? We’ll let them decide!
Related collections and offers
|Product dimensions:||6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.38(d)|
About the Author
This work evolved into establishing one of Australia's first combined permaculture and horticultural therapy gardens, where he developed and implemented outdoor, healing programs for minority groups, and people who have a disability and mental illness.
Living between Australia and Indonesia, he fulfils his passion as a scuba diving instructor and photographer, alongside his coaching services with retreats and workshops. He offers training, and development based on the principles of his first book, FL!P Your Journey to Freedom. Mindful Decision Making: Learning the Skills to Free Your Mind.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: The Fl!p Challenge
- Chapter 2: The Abyss Fl!p
- Chapter 3: Ancient Lands and Sunrise Tributes
- Chapter 4: So Much Fl!pping Choice
- Chapter 5: Faulty Wiring and Shitty Flatmates
- Chapter 6: Make up your Fl!ppin’ Mind
- Chapter 7: Running on Empty
- Chapter 8: Broome or Bust
- Chapter 9: Kimberley Croc
- Chapter 10: Good Light in Broome
- Chapter 11: Camel Butt
- Chapter 12: Southward Bound
- Chapter 13: Go-Kart with Wings
- Chapter 14: Learning to Fly
- Chapter 15: Cupboards Full of Crap
- Chapter 16: Letting Go
- Chapter 17: The Basics of Commitment, not Attachment
- Chapter 18: The Paradox of Choice
- Chapter 19: Questions and Commitment
- Chapter 20: Committed, not Attached in Practice
- Chapter 21: Have You Got the Guts?
- Chapter 22: Fl!pping Finished… Not!
- Chapter 23: Let’s Get Fl!pping
- Chapter 24: Fl!pping Your Coin
- Chapter 25: Fl!pping Extras