|Publisher:||Longman Publishing Group|
|Edition description:||2nd Revised ed.|
|Product dimensions:||4.96(w) x 8.62(h) x 0.74(d)|
Table of ContentsIntroduction.
I. THE VERB BE: PRESENT AND PAST.
The Mystery of Rocky . 1. The Present Afirmative of Be.
2. The Present Negative of Be.
3. The Present of Be: Yes/No Questions.
4. The Past Tense of Be; Past Time Markers.
Review or Self Test From Grammar to Writing: Capitalization.
II. NOUNS, ADJECTIVES, AND PREPOSITIONS; THE PRESENT PROGRESSIVE.
Wonderful Sons, Lucky Daughters-in-Law. 5. Count Nouns; A/An.
6. Descriptive Adjectives.
7. Prepositions of Place.
8. Present Progressive.
Review or SelfTest FromGrammar to Writing: SUBJECTS AND VERBS.
III. WH- QUESTIONS; POSSESSIVES; PREPOSITIONS OF TIME.
The Winston Family . 9. Questions with Who, What, and Where.
A Visit: What's a Secret? . 10. Possessive Nouns and Possessive Adjectives.; Questions with Whose.
11. Questions with When and What + Noun; Prepositions; Ordinal Numbers.
12. Questions with Who, Whom, and Why; Wh- Questions and the Present Progressive.
Review or Self Test From Grammar to Writing: Punctuations I: The Apostrophe, The Comma, The Period, The Question Mark .
IV. THE SIMPLE PRESENT TENSE.
Clothes for a Teenager. 13. Simple Present Tense: Affirmative and Negative Statements.
14. Simple Present Tense: Yes/No Questions And Short Answers.
15. SImple Present Tense: Wh- Questions.
16. Simple Present Tense and This/That/These/Those.
17. Simple Present tense and One/Ones and It.
Review or Self Test From Grammar to Writing: Time Word Connectors .
V. THE SIMPLE PAST TENSE.
The Winstons' Thanksgiving Day. 18. Simple Past Tenses: Regular Verbs-Affirmative and Negative Statements. @AHEADS= A Postcard: Last Night We Walked Along the Seine River.
19. Simple Past Tenses: Irregular Verbs-Affirmative and Negative Statements.
20. Simple Past Tense: Yes/No and Wh- Questions.
Review or Self Test From Grammar to Writing: Punctuations II: The Exclamation Point, The Hyphen, Quotation Marks.
VI. IMPERATIVES; SUGGESTIONS; THERE IS / THERE ARE.
Let's Stop for Pizza . 21. Imperatives; Suggestions with Let's Why Don't We…?; Why Don't You…?
22. Subject and Object Pronouns; Direct and Indirect Objects.
23. There Is/There Are/Is There…?/Are There…?
Unit 24 NUMBERS, QUANTIFIERS, AND QUESTIONS WITH HOW MANY . . .?.
Review or SelfTest From Grammar to Writing: Sentence Combining With and But.
VII. REVIEW OF THE SIMPLE PRESENT TENSE AND THE PRESENT PROGRESSIVE. @SUBPART= Roommate Trouble.
25. Present and Present Progressive; How Often…?; Adverbs and Expressions Of Frequency.
26. Non-Active Verbs.
27. Verbs Plus Nouns, Gerunds, and Infinitivies.
28. Possessive Adjectives and Possessive Pronouns.
Review or Self Test From Grammar to Writing: Organization: Time Markers.
VIII. Review of the Simple Past Tense; Negative Questions; The Future.
Is Love Blind? 29. Review of the Simple Past Tense; Negative Questions.
30. Wh- Questions in the Simple Past Tense.
31. Be Going to For the Future; Future and Past Time Markers.
32. Will for the Future.
Writing about Your Life.
IX. NOUNS, ARTICLES, AND QUANTIFIERS; MODALS I.
Carol and Yoko Have a Party . 33. OCunt and Non-Count Nouns and Quatifiers.
34. Questions with Any/Some/How Much/How Many; Quantifiers; Containers.
35. Can and Oculd for Ability and Possibility; May I, Can I, and Could I for Polit Requests.
36. May or Might for Possibility.
37. Desire, Invitations, Requests: Would Like, Would You Like…? Would You Like Please…?
Review or SelfTest From Grammar to Writing: A Business Letter.
X. COMPARISONS; THE PAST PROGRESSIVE.
You Can Win More Bears with Honey. 38. Comparative Form of Adjectives.
39. Adverbs of Manner and Comparative Forms of Adverbs.
40. Adjective + Enough; Too/Very; As + Adjective/Adverb + As.
41. The Past Progressive.
Review or Self Test From Grammar to Writing: The Order of Adjectives Before Nouns.
XI. Modals II: The Superlative.
Carol's News. 42. Should, Shouldn't Ought To, Had Better, and Had Better Not.
43. Have To, Don't Have To, Must, Mustn't.
44. Superlative Form of Adjectives and Adverbs.
Review or Self Test From Grammar to Writing: Expressing and Supporting an Opinion.
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER.
Review of Verb Tenses and Modals.
Review of Verb Tenses and Comparisons.
Review of Verb Tenses, Nouns and Quantifiers.
1. Map of the World.
2. Map of the United States and Canada .
3. Numbers, Temperature, Months, Days, Seasons, Titles.
5. Parts of the Body; Medical Problems.
6. Holidays in the United States and Canada.
7. Plural Nouns: Spelling and Pronunciation Rules.
8. Possessive Nouns.
9. Non-count Nouns and Names of Containers.
10. The Definite Article.
11. Verb Tenses.
12. Base Forms and Past-Tense Forms of Common Irregular Verbs.
13. The Present Progressive: Spelling Rules.
14. The Simple Present Tense: Spelling and Pronunciation Rules.
15. The Simple Past Tense: Spelling and Pronunciation Rules.
16. Comparisons with Adjectives and Adverbs.
18. Pronunciation Table.