Written by locals, Fodor's travel guides have been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for 80 years.
Alaska is a trip of a lifetime. Nowhere else can travelers kayak to glaciers; fly over the highest peak in North America; wonder at the Aurora Borealis; stay out all night celebrating the midnight sun; visit quirly towns; spot bears, eagles, moose, and whales; and learn the true meaning of the word "remote"all in the same trip. Fodor's Alaska makes it easy to create a perfect trip from start to finish.
This travel guide includes:
· Dozens of full-color maps plus a handy pullout map with essential information
· Hundreds of hotel and restaurant recommendations, with Fodor's Choice designating our top picks
·Multiple itineraries to explore the top attractions and what’s off the beaten path
· In-depth breakout features on wale watching, bear sighting, The Klondike Gold Rush, and Denali
· Major sights such as Denali National Park, Aurora Borealis and Kenai Fjords National Park
· Side Trips from Ketchikan, Anchorage, and Homer
· Coverage of Juneau; the Inside Passage, and Southeast Alaska; Anchorage; The Kenai Peninsula and Southcentral Alaska; Denali National Park and Preserve; Fairbanks, the Yukon, and the Interior; The Bush
About the Author
For over 80 years, Fodor's Travel has been a trusted resource offering expert travel advice for every stage of a traveler's trip. We hire local writers who know their destinations better than anyone else, allowing us to provide the best travel recommendations for all tastes and budget in over 7,500 worldwide destinations. Our books make it possible for every trip to be a trip of a lifetime.