Ready to experience Barcelona? The experts at Fodor’s are here to help. Fodor’s Barcelona travel guide is packed with customizable itineraries with top recommendations, detailed maps of Barcelona, and exclusive tips from locals. Whether you want to explore Gaudí's La Sagrada Família, stroll La Rambla, or lounge on sun-drenched Mediterranean beaches, this user-friendly guidebook will help you plan it all out. Our local writers vet every recommendation to ensure that you not only make the most of your time, but that you also have all the most up-to-date and essential information you need to plan the perfect trip.
This new edition has been FULLY-REDESIGNED with a new layout and beautiful images for more intuitive travel planning!
Fodor’s Barcelona includes:
- • AN ULTIMATE EXPERIENCE GUIDE that visually captures the top highlights of Barcelona.
- • SPECTACULAR COLOR PHOTOS AND FEATURES throughout, including special features on Gaudí, La Sagrada Familia, and the Wines of Spain.
- • INSPIRATIONAL “BEST OF” LISTS identify the best things to see, do, eat, drink, and more.
- • MULTIPLE ITINERARIES for various trip lengths help you maximize your time.
- • MORE THAN 20 DETAILED MAPS AND A FREE PULLOUT MAP help you plot your itinerary and navigate confidently.
- • EXPERT RECOMMENDATIONS ON HOTELS AND RESTAURANTS offer options for every taste.
- • TRIP PLANNING TOOLS AND PRACTICAL TIPS include: guides to getting around, saving money and time, beating the crowds; basic Spanish phrases; and a calendar of festivals and events.
- • LOCAL INSIDER ADVICE tells you where to find under-the-radar gems, along with the best walking tours.
- • HISTORICAL AND CULTURAL OVERVIEWS add perspective and enrich your travels.
- • CURATED SIDETRIPS to Girona, Figueres, Cadaques, Montserrat, Sitges, and Valencia help you build out your trip to experience some incredible Spanish coastal towns, museums, and must-see attractions within easy reach of Barcelona.
- • COVERS: La Rambla, The Barri Gòtic, El Raval, Sant Pere, La Ribera, La Ciutadella, Barceloneta, The Eixample, Gràcia, Upper Barcelona, Sarrià, Pedralbes, Montjuïc, Girona, Figueres, Cadaques, Montserrat, Sitges, and Valencia, Barcelona’s restaurant scene, Barcelona’s cafes and tapas bars, Barcelona’s beaches, Park Güell, The Boqueria Market, Museu Picasso, Santa Maria del Mar Basilica, Palau de la Música Catalana, Casa Batló and the Manzana de la Discòrdia, and more.
Planning on visiting Spain? Check out Fodor’s Essential Spain.
This edition is printed on sustainably sourced paper.
About the Author
For over 80 years, Fodor's Travel has been a trusted resource offering expert travel advice for every stage of a traveler's trip. We hire local writers who know their destinations better than anyone else, allowing us to provide the best travel recommendations for all tastes and budget in over 7,500 worldwide destinations. Our books make it possible for every trip to be a trip of a lifetime.