Written by locals, Fodor’s Chicago is the perfect guidebook for those looking for insider tips to make the most out their visit. Complete with detailed maps and concise descriptions, this Chicago travel guide will help you plan your trip with ease.
Fodor's Chicago is the perfect companion for a trip to this quintessential American city. With colorful features and the most updated information, Fodor's Chicago gets straight to the best of what the "Second City" has to offer, everything from art and architecture to shopping, baseball, jazz, and the very best deep-dish pizza. Our in-depth coverage also includes the best of Chicago's culturally and historically rich suburbs, including Frank Lloyd Wright's Oak Park home studio, the Mallott Japanese Garden at the Chicago Botanic Garden, and the Brookfield Zoo.
Fodor’s Chicago includes:
- •UP-TO-DATE COVERAGE: Fully updated, including fresh reviews of the best new eateries and lodgings in Chicago's many exciting neighborhoods.
- •ULTIMATE EXPERIENCES GUIDE: A spectacular color photo guide highlights the ultimate unmissable experiences and attractions throughout Chicago to inspire you.
- •PULLOUT MAP AND DETAILED MAPS: A handy PULLOUT map will help you navigate on the go. Full-color and full-size street maps throughout will help you plan efficiently and get around confidently.
- •GORGEOUS PHOTOS AND ILLUSTRATED FEATURES: Rich, full-color features invite you to experience the best of Chicago, from what to eat and drink to which tours take. An in-depth illustrated feature on the Art Institute of Chicago helps you make the most of a visit to this magnificent museum; a history of the skyscraper explores the city's iconic architecture. Other features focus on the life and work of Frank Lloyd Wright and blues music.
- •ITINERARIES AND TOP RECOMMENDATIONS: Walking tours help you plan and make the most of your time to explore Chicago's best public art and iconic architectural highlights. A useful itinerary helps you plan three days in the windy city. Includes suggestions on what to see, where to eat, stay, and shop as well as information about nightlife, sports and the outdoors. “Fodor’s Choice” designates our best picks in every category.
- •INDISPENSABLE TRIP PLANNING TOOLS: Convenient overviews show each neighborhood and its highlights, as well as tips for planning your time and getting around by car, bus, and train. Mapped walks, top tour recommendations, and our curated list of free things to do make planning a breeze.
- •SPECIAL EVENT COVERAGE: Information for experiencing the Chicago Air and Water Show , the Chicago Jazz Festival, the Chicago Blues Festival, and the Taste of Chicago, to name just a few.
- •COVERS: The Magnificent Mile, the Chicago Art Institute, Shedd Aquarium, Adler Planetarium, Wrigley Field, Navy Pier, the Loop, Frank Lloyd Wright architecture, and more.
ABOUT FODOR'S AUTHORS:Each Fodor's Travel Guide is researched and written by local experts. Fodor’s has been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for over 80 years.
Planning on visiting other great U. S. cities? Check out Fodor’s Washington D.C., Fodor's New Orleans , and Fodor’s New York.
About the Author
For over 80 years, Fodor's Travel has been a trusted resource offering expert travel advice for every stage of a traveler's trip. We hire local writers who know their destinations better than anyone else, allowing us to provide the best travel recommendations for all tastes and budget in over 7,500 worldwide destinations. Our books make it possible for every trip to be a trip of a lifetime.