Written by locals, Fodor’s Essential England is the perfect guidebook for those looking for insider tips to make the most out their visit to England. Complete with detailed maps and concise descriptions, this travel guide will help you plan your trip with ease. Join Fodor’s in exploring one of the most exciting countries in Europe.
With its irresistible mix of storied heritage and cosmopolitan charm, England will wow you with its history, culture, and must-see towns and cities. Fodor's England captures the most memorable sights and experiences in dazzling color, from fabulous historic houses and quaint villages to cozy country pubs and London's cutting-edge food, art, and nightlife scenes.
Fodor’s England includes:
- •UP-TO-DATE COVERAGE: This edition includes new restaurants and hotels from all over the country, to make sure you find the best places to eat and stay. You’ll also get up-to-date information on popular destinations such as Oxford, Stratford-upon-Avon, Stonehenge, and more. London's hot hotel and restaurant scenes get attention too, along with the East End's thriving art galleries.
- •ULTIMATE EXPERIENCES GUIDE: A brief introduction and spectacular color photos capture the ultimate experiences and attractions throughout England.
- •PULLOUT MAP AND DETAILED COLOR MAPS: over 80 color city and regional maps and a handy PULLOUT MAP of London to help you plan and get around stress-free.
- •GORGEOUS PHOTOS AND ILLUSTRATED FEATURES: Stunning magazine-style color features highlight must-have experiences, from making the most of a visit to the Tower of London or York Minster to planning a perfect garden tour or Lake District walk. Other features will give you the inside scoop on England's culinary scene, presenting the best cheeses, seafood, and Indian food in the country.
- •ITINERARIES AND TOP RECOMMENDATIONS: Sample itineraries help you plan and make the most of your time. We include tips on where to eat, stay, and shop as well as information about nightlife, sports, and the outdoors. “Fodor's Choice” designates our best picks in every category.
- •INDISPENSABLE TRIP PLANNING TOOLS: Convenient overviews show each region and its highlights, and detail-rich chapter planning sections have on-target advice and tips for planning your time and for getting around the country by car, bus, and train.
- •COVERS: London, Bath, Cambridge, the Cotswolds, Liverpool, Stratford-Upon-Avon, Manchester, Stonehenge, York, Oxford, Cornwall, and more.
ABOUT FODOR'S AUTHORS:Each Fodor's Travel Guide is researched and written by local experts. Fodor's has been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for over 80 years.
Looking for a guide about London or the rest of the United Kingdom? Check out Fodor’s London, Fodor’s Essential Great Britain , and Fodor’s Scotland.
About the Author
For over 80 years, Fodor's Travel has been a trusted resource offering expert travel advice for every stage of a traveler's trip. We hire local writers who know their destinations better than anyone else, allowing us to provide the best travel recommendations for all tastes and budget in over 7,500 worldwide destinations. Our books make it possible for every trip to be a trip of a lifetime.