24.99 In Stock
Written by locals, Fodor’s Essential Great Britain is the perfect guidebook for those looking for insider tips to make the most out their visit to England, Scotland, Wales and beyond. Complete with detailed maps and concise descriptions, this Great Britain travel guide will help you plan your trip with ease. Join Fodor’s in exploring some of the most exciting parts of Europe.Great Britain remains a perennial favorite with travelers who come for the busy streets of London, the cozy thatched-roof villages of the Cotswolds, and the wild moors and lochs of Scotland. From Edinburgh to Cardiff, discover worthwhile destinations and savvy travel tips with the full-color Fodor's Essential Great Britain. Our selective collection of the best of England, Scotland, and Wales will guarantee you make the most of your trip.Fodor’s Essential Great Britain includes:
- •UP-TO-DATE COVERAGE: Fully updated top attractions and experiences in every region of Great Britain from Scotland to England to Walesfrom cities to great castles to stately homes to quaint country villageswith plenty of new options for dining, lodging, shopping, and nightlife.
- •ULTIMATE EXPERIENCES GUIDE: A spectacular color photo guide highlights the ultimate unmissable experiences and attractions throughout Great Britain to inspire you.
- •PULLOUT MAP AND DETAILED MAPS: A handy PULLOUT map will help you navigate on the go. Full-color and full-size street maps throughout will help you plan efficiently and get around confidently.
- •GORGEOUS PHOTOS AND ILLUSTRATED FEATURES: Rich, full-color features invite you to experience the best of Great Britain. Colorful spotlight features on British food, Welsh castles, Roman relics, and more provide insight into contemporary life as well as the past.
- •ITINERARIES AND TOP RECOMMENDATIONS: Multiple sample itineraries to help you plan and make the most of your time. Includes tips on where to eat, stay, and shop as well as information about nightlife, sports and the outdoors. “Fodor’s Choice” designates our best picks in every category.
- •INDISPENSIBLE TRIP PLANNING TOOLS: Our Great Britain Planner offers transportation information and money-saving tips. Each city or regional chapter contains an orientation map that also highlights the top reasons to visit; a Planning section suggests best times to go and how to organize your trip within the region and get around. Throughout the guide, clear, easy-to-read maps show covered sights and key roads.
- •SPECIAL EVENTS COVERAGE: Every summer, the Edinburgh Festival draws lovers of music, theater, and comedy while Hogmanay is the most Scottish way to celebrate New Year’s Eve.
- •COVERS: London, Oxford, Cambridge, Bath, the Cotswolds, Stratford-upon-Avon, Manchester, Liverpool, Yorkshire, Wales, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Glencoe, Loch Lomond, Inverness, Loch Ness, Isle of Skye, and more.
About the Author
For over 80 years, Fodor's Travel has been a trusted resource offering expert travel advice for every stage of a traveler's trip. We hire local writers who know their destinations better than anyone else, allowing us to provide the best travel recommendations for all tastes and budget in over 7,500 worldwide destinations. Our books make it possible for every trip to be a trip of a lifetime.