Written by locals, Fodor's travel guides have been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for more than 80 years.
Fodor's Essential Italy is the indispensable take-along companion to one of Europe's most enduringly popular destinations. With inviting full-color photos, this updated edition highlights everything that visitors adorefrom Italy's great food and wine to art and architecture, as well as glorious Tuscan hill towns, shopping, and much more.
This travel guide includes:
- Dozens of full-color maps plus a handy pullout Rome map with essential information
- Hundreds of hotel and restaurant recommendations, with Fodor's Choice designating our top picks
- Multiple itineraries to explore the top attractions and what's off the beaten path
- In-depth breakout features on the Sistine Chapel Ceiling, Naples-style Pizza, Tuscan Wine, the Cinque Terre, the Duomo, and Venice's Grand Canal
- Coverage of Rome, Venice, Florence, Milan, Lake Como, Tuscany, Naples, Sorrento, Capri, Sicily, Emilia-Romagna, the Veneto, and more.
Planning to focus on just some Italy destinations? Check out Fodor's travel guides to Rome; Venice; Florence & Tuscany; and The Amalfi Coast, Capri & Naples.
About the Author
For over 80 years, Fodor's Travel has been a trusted resource offering expert travel advice for every stage of a traveler's trip. We hire local writers who know their destinations better than anyone else, allowing us to provide the best travel recommendations for all tastes and budget in over 7,500 worldwide destinations. Our books make it possible for every trip to be a trip of a lifetime.