Written by locals, Fodor's travel guides have been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for 80 years.
With history around every corner, Washington, D.C. is a city that seamlessly blends yesterday and today, and it's a perennial favorite for families. This updated guide--a strong domestic bestseller--lets travelers discover the myriad charms of the nation's capital, from its stately monuments to the trendiest restaurants.
This travel guide includes:
· Dozens of full-color maps
· Hundreds of hotel and restaurant recommendations, with Fodor's Choice designating our top picks
· Multiple itineraries to explore the top attractions and what’s off the beaten path
· Major sights such as The Capitol; Washington Monument; Lincoln, Jefferson, and FDR memorials; The White House; National Cathedral; Dumbarton Oaks; Arlington National Cemetary; Smithsonian Museums; Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial; Vietnam Veterans, Korean War Veterans, and World War II memorials; National Zoo
· Side Trips from Washington, D.C. including Alexandria, Virginia; Mount Vernon, Woodlawn, and Gunston Hall; Annapolis, Maryland
· Coverage of The White House Area and Foggy Bottom; Capitol Hill and Northeast D.C.; Downtown; Georgetown; Dupont Circle and Logan Circle; Adams Morgan; U Street Corridor; Upper Northwest
About the Author