Food professionals and students are encouraged to use FOOD FOR FIFTY's recipes and information as the foundation for adapting nearly any recipe to make a quality quantity food product.
- Resource for a broad variety of tested recipes
- Approximately 70 new recipes including non-meat, pasta, bean, and vegetable entrees
- Current HACCP guidelines
- Updated tables, charts, and cooking information
- Enhanced information for planning special meals and receptions
- Expanded glossary of menu and cooking items
FOOD FOR FIFTY Eleventh Edition expertly provides readers with "new tools" to meet the ever-changing dining trends and satisfy the expectations of today's customer.
|Series:||Pearson Custom Library: Hospitality and Culinary Arts Series|
|Product dimensions:||9.08(w) x 11.26(h) x 1.34(d)|
Table of Contents
I. FOOD PRODUCTION INFORMATION.
6. Eggs and Cheese.
7. Fish and Shellfish.
9. Pasta, Rice, Cereals, and Foods with Grains, Beans, and Tofu.
11. Salads and Salad Dressings.
13. Sauces, Marinades, Rubs, and Seasonings.
III. PLANNING THE MENU AND SPECIAL EVENTS.
17. Planning Special Meals and Receptions.
Appendix A: Suggested Menu Items.
Appendix B: Use of Herbs and Spices in Cooking.
Appendix C: Potentially Hazardous Foods.
Appendix D: Evaluating Food for Quality.
Appendix E: Food Customs of Different Religions.
Glossary of Menu and Cooking Terms.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
Great deal of information and great recipes listed. Wish the publisher used a better spine for the book (normal wear and tear during a semester) caused the spine to give out.
great book has a lot of recipes and a lot of information