Foodservice Planning: Layout, Design, and Equipment / Edition 4 available in Hardcover
- Pub. Date:
This comprehensive book has become a standard for designing and equipping a foodservice facility. Focuses on the role of the computer in foodservice planning and discusses the efficiencies technology can create. Includes one of the most comprehensive sections on equipment. Emphasizes the need for industrial engineering technologies in planning a start-up facility and successfully choosing and arranging equipment for optimum results. For anyone involved in restaurant, food service and hospitality management and planning.
|Product dimensions:||8.10(w) x 10.80(h) x 1.60(d)|
Table of Contents
1. Laying the Groundwork.
2. Foodservice Types: Layout Characteristics.
3. Operational Factors That Affect Plans.
4. Analyses of Layout Characteristics.
II. FUNCTIONAL AREAS OF FOOD FACILITIES.
5. Space Allocation.
6. Checklist for Planning.
7. Receiving and Storage.
8. Food Processing.
9. Serving Facilities.
10. Housekeeping Sections.
11. Management Office and Guest and Employee Facilities.
III. SUPPORTING FACTORS AND PHYSICAL CONDITIONS.
14. Water, Steam, and Plumbing.
15. Environmental Planning.
16. Sound Control.
17. Floors, Walls, and Ceilings.
IV. EQUIPMENT SELECTION.
18. General Principles for Equipment Selection.
19. Food Preparation Equipment.
20. Cooking Equipment.
21. Serving Equipment.
22. Refrigeration and Low-Temperature Storage Equipment.
23. Cleaning or Housekeeping Equipment.
24. Auxiliary Equipment.
25. Transportation and Mobile Equipment.
26. Utensils and Tableware.
Appendix A: Abbreviations.
Appendix B: Feasibility Study.
Appendix C: Safety Checklist.
Appendix D: Instructions to Bidders.
Appendix E: Specifications for Kitchen Fixtures and Equipment.
Appendix F: Estimated Space Requirements for Paper Supplies.
Answers to Selected Review Questions.