Temporarily Out of Stock Online
Roam ancient ruins, immerse yourself in the serene monasteries of Chiang Mai, or trek into the mist-cloaked hills of Mae Hong Son, the northern region of Thailand offers travellers all this and much more. Footprintfocus Chiang Mai & Northern Thailand is loaded with information and advice on visiting Thailand’s cultural capital of the north. Featuring top attractions as well as lesser-known sights, this is the perfect guide to the land where Budhism meets hedonism.
· Essentials section with useful advice on getting to and around northern Thailand.
· Highlights maps so you know what not to miss.
· Comprehensive, up-to-date listings of where to eat, sleep and party.
· Detailed street maps for Chiang Mai and other key towns.
· Slim enough to fit in your pocket.
Loaded with advice and information, this concise Footprintfocus guide will help you get the most out Chiang Mai and Northern Thailand without weighing you down.
The content of Footprintfocus Chiang Mai & Northern Thailand guide has been extracted from Footprint’s Thailand Handbook.
About the Author
Andrew Spooner is a feature, travel and sports writer and photographer. His work appears regularly in The Independent on Sunday, The Independent, CNN Traveller, The Guardian, the Observer, GQ and Bike. He has also taught Media and Journalism, part time, at the University of East London. After travelling to Thailand in 1989, Andrew developed a fascination with the country and now shares his time between Bangkok and London
Table of Contents
1) Chiang Mai and around; Western loop: Pai, Mae, Hong Son and Mae Sariang Soppong; Chiang Rai and around; Chiang Saen and the Golden Triangle Sop Ruak, Chiang Khong, Mai Sai, Mae Salong (Santikhiri); Phrae, Nan and the Eastern Highlands.