Sell your California home yourself and save big!
Using a broker to sell your home can cost you up to six percent of the selling price -- in other words, if you sell your house for $400,000, you can spend up to $24,000. But you'll save that money if you sell the house yourself, and it's not hard to do!
Thoroughly revised and scrupulously researched, For Sale by Owner in California takes you step by step through the entire selling process, from putting your house on the market to transferring the title. Find out how to:
- select the best time to sell
- prepare your house for sale
- price and market your home
- coordinate the sale of one house with the purchase of another
- screen buyers for financial feasibility
- make required disclosures
- work with or without real estate agents
- attract potential buyers with creative financing
- handle multiple offers
- write and negotiate a contract
- complete the escrow process
This edition of For Sale by Owner in California reflects the most recent changes in the housing market and laws, and now includes additional discussion of the importance of pricing a house to sell and performing a thorough vetting of potential buyers financial cresources. It also provides all the forms and instructions you need, including:
- disclosure forms required by law
- offer and counteroffer
- sales contract
- contingency releases
- second mortgage note
- and more
Not a resident of the Golden State? Check out the Nolo books Selling Your House in a Tough Market and Nolo's Essential Guide to Buying Your First Home for real estate help in your state.