Form and Style Modern Language Association of America Update: Research Papers, Reports, Theses / Edition 9by Carole Slade, Stephen V. Ballou, William Giles Campbell
Pub. Date: 01/01/1994
Publisher: CENGAGE Learning
This classic text is well known for its solid guidance in the writing, documenting, and formatting of research papers, reports, theses, and dissertations. Form and Style's comprehensive coverage of the research process ranges from choosing a topic and preparing a draft to documenting sources and preparing a bibliography. The text provides models and explanations for four document styles: Chicago Manual of Style (CMS), Modern Language Association (MLA), American Psychological Association (APA), and Columbia Guide to Online Style (CGOS). Widely used in departments other than English (notably Education), Form and Style is suitable for freshman composition and introductory courses as well as for advanced composition and graduate-level courses.
The Twelfth Edition features the latest information on documentation styles, using computers and the Internet, and online sources and the research process. In addition, a thorough revision of Chapter 5, Tables, Figures, and Computer Materials, incorporates theoretical discussion of the criteria for using illustrations.
- New! Expanded section on Electronic Sources on the Internet features new material on MLA documentation, coverage of Columbia Guide to Online Style (CGOS), 10 types of information needed in a citation, and more sample citations.
- New! Complete advice on evaluating web sites is enhanced with annotated screen shots.
- New! More guidance on making the most of word-processing software highlights note-taking, formatting, organizing, and time-saving devices available in most computer programs.
- Sample pages throughout illustrate the formats described in the text.
- Specialresources include a Glossary of Abbreviations that lists frequently occurring terms in notes, literary references, and bibliographies; a Glossary of Internet terms and bibliographic terms; and two helpful appendices Legal Citations and Abbreviations of State Names.
- CENGAGE Learning
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 9.45(w) x 11.02(h) x (d)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews