Foundations of Education: The Challenge of Professional Practice / Edition 4 available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
- Allyn & Bacon, Inc.
Completely revised and rewritten, the fourth edition of this leading text takes the theme of the "Teacher as a Professional" and presents a balance between the core topics in foundations and their practical classroom applications.
This entirely new and streamlined edition retains its comprehensive range of foundations topics while focusing on accessibility and relevance to pre-service teachers, as well as an emphasis on social issues and trends in schools. Exciting pedagogical features focus on professional practice, technology, national standards, professional portfolios, and other topics. A new chapter on standards and assessment addresses the prevalence of these issues in teachers' lives. A bonus section on the PRAXIS Series and state licensure offers FAQs, test-taking tips, and practice questions. This special bonus feature on the PRAXIS Series is currently located at the fron of the book.
|Publisher:||Allyn & Bacon, Inc.|
|Product dimensions:||8.26(w) x 11.04(h) x 0.70(d)|
Table of Contents
Preparing for the PRAXIS: Your Guide to Licensure.
I. TEACHING FROM THE INSIDE OUT.
1. A Teacher's Role.
2. Challenges Teachers and Schools Face.
3. The Richness of Classroom Cultures.
II. OUR EDUCATIONAL HERITAGE.
4. Education in America: The Early Years.
5. Education in America: Then and Now.
6. Why Teachers Behave as They Do.
III. EDUCATION FROM THE OUTSIDE IN.
7. Where Teachers Work: Schools.
8. Leading, Governing, and Funding Schools.
9. The Influence of Law.
IV. HELPING STUDENTS SUCCEED.
10. Curriculum and Instruction.
11. Recognizing Educational Success: Standards and Assessment.
V. A CONNECTED FUTURE
12. A Global Educational Context.
13. What Lies Ahead.