Comprehensive coverage of the major theoretical models of play therapy
Foundations of Play Therapy is a complete guide to the many diverse approaches to play therapy methods used in clinical practice with children, adolescents, and adults. Edited by Charles Schaefer, a leader in the field, and featuring an expert panel of contributors, this comprehensive reference provides detailed descriptions of all of the major theoretical models of play therapy and offers the reader practical examples of how to apply each model in practice.
Top experts in the field present up-to-date and insightful coverage of the fourteen major theories of play therapy:
- Cognitive Behavioral
- Object Relations
|Product dimensions:||6.46(w) x 9.39(h) x 1.12(d)|
Table of Contents
About the Editor.
1. Psychoanalytic Play Therapy (Richard Bromfield).
2. Jungian Analytical Play Therapy (J. Craig Peery).
3. Adlerian Play Therapy (Terry Kottman).
4. Child-Centered Play Therapy (Daniel Sweeney and Garry Landreth).
5. Filial Play Therapy (Louise Guerney).
6. Gestalt Play Therapy (Violet Oaklander).
7. Theraplay: Attachment-Enhancing Play Therapy (Evangeline Munns).
8. Cognitive-Behavioral Play Therapy (Susan Knell).
9. Family Play Therapy: "The Bear with Short Nails" (Eliana Gil).
10. Group Play Therapy (Daniel Sweeney).
11. Ecosystemic Play Therapy (Kevin O'Connor and Debra New).
12. Phenomenological Play Therapy (Bertha Mook).
13. Object-Relations/Thematic Play Therapy (Helen Benedict).
14. Prescriptive Play Therapy (Charles Schaefer).