This valuable resource includes information on every accredited four-year undergraduateinstitution in the U.S. and Canadamore than 2,100 institutions all-together! It also includes detailed two-page descriptions written by admissions personnel for nearly 1,000 colleges. College bound students and their parents will be able to research colleges and universities in regards to setting; enrollment; entrance level; academic programs and degrees awarded; entrance requirements and application procedures; tuition, fees, and housing costs; student/faculty ratios and campus life; and contact information.
- Informative data profiles for more than 2,100 institutionslisted alphabetically by state (and followed by other countries) with facts and figures on undergraduates, freshmen, faculty, majors, academic programs, library, computers on campus, student life, athletics, standardized tests, costs, financial aid, applying, and admissions contacts.
- Nearly 1,000 two-page in-depth descriptions written by college administrators exclusively for Peterson's.
- A bonus CD featuring fully searchable college in-depth descriptions, extensive advice on financial planning and estimating college expenses, and online application capability.
- OPTIONS section featuring insider info on specialized options available to students.
- At-a-glance info on the application process available on inside front cover.
- Helpful articles on making a list of “Top-Ten” colleges; surviving standardized tests; preparing to get in; paying for college; advice for international students applying to colleges and universities in the United States, information on ROTC programs, and scholarship guidance.
- Indexes: Entrance difficulty; Desired major or field of study; Alphabetical
|Edition description:||Book with CD|
|Product dimensions:||8.50(w) x 10.70(h) x 2.80(d)|
Table of Contents
|A Note from the Peterson's Editors||1|
|Search, Find, Select|
|College Admissions Countdown Calendar||4|
|Choosing Your Top Ten Colleges||6|
|Surviving Standardized Tests||9|
|The Whys and Whats of College Visits||11|
|The Early Decision Decision||17|
|What International Students Need to Know About Admission to U.S. Colleges and Universities||22|
|Searching for Four-Year Colleges Online||26|
|Money, Money, Money|
|Financial Aid Countdown Calendar||30|
|What's Your BestCollegeDeal?||32|
|Who's Paying for This? Financial Aid Basics||34|
|Middle-Income Families: Making the Financial Aid Process Work||38|
|Options, Options, Options|
|Honors: An A+ Education||42|
|Public and Private Colleges and Universities--How to Choose||45|
|Why Not Women's Colleges?||49|
|The Military and Higher Education||53|
|How to Use This Guide||67|
|Profiles of Four-Year Colleges|
|U.S. and U.S. Territories||74|
|In-Depth Descriptions of Four-Year Colleges|
|Appendix||2003-04 Changes in Institutions||2892|
|Geographical Listing of In-Depth Descriptions||3079|
|Alphabetical Listing of Colleges and Universities||3083|