Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
France in the Central Middle Ages, 900-1200 available in Paperback
- Pub. Date:
- Oxford University Press, USA
This volume provides a variety of complementary points of entry to the history of France between 900 and 1200. Chapters contributed by a leading team of historians cover key themes such as France's political culture and identity, rural economy and society, the Church, and France's relations with the outside world.
Table of Contents
Introduction, Marcus Bull
1. The Identity of France, Bernd Schneidmüller
2. Political Culture, Geoffrey Koziol
3. Rural Economy and Society, Constance Bouchard
4. The South, Linda Paterson
5. The Church, Marcus Bull
6. Intellectual and Educational Developments, Ian Wei
7. The French Overseas, Jonathan Phillips
Conclusion, Marcus Bull