- Prologue and Fanfare for the Prince
- The Feast at the House of Capulet
- Did My Heart Love 'Til Now?
- The Moresca (Saltarello)
- What is a Youth?
- Their First Meeting
- What Light Through Yonder Window Breaks? (The Balcony Scene part 1)
- Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow (The Balcony Scene part 2)
- But this I Pray...Consent to Marry Us Today
- Romeo Are Juliet Are Wed
- The Death of Mercutio and Tybalt
- Night's Candles are Burnt Out
- Adieu (Farewell Love Scene)
- The Likeness of Death
- The Ride from Mantua
- Death...Hath Sucked the Honey of thy Breath (The Death of Romeo)
- Love Theme from Romeo & Juliet (In Capulet's Tomb)
- O Happy Dagger (The Death of Juliet)
Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
- Get it by Thursday, December 21 , Order by 12:00 PM Eastern and choose Expedited Delivery during checkout.
Producer James Fitzpatrick and conductor Nic Raine have undertaken a major job of restoration in preparing their new recording of Nino Rota's score for the 1968 Franco Zeffirelli film adaptation of Romeo & Juliet. Apparently, Rota's original manuscript is long lost, and they were forced to reconstruct the score by ear, listening to the soundtrack of the film. The result is a much more complete rendering of the memorable music than was heard on the million-selling Capitol Records soundtrack album. Of course, the chief attraction remains the "Love Theme" (aka "A Time for Us"), which is repeated several times, but one is also impressed by the elements of Renaissance period music that are included and by the overall beauty of the work. The Prague Philharmonic Orchestra is actually somewhat larger than the group Rota used to perform the film's music, but the score's delicacy is not lost, and this remains one of the more poignant and moving collections of music ever written for a Shakespeare production, as well as a gem in Rota's repertoire.
Performance CreditsPrague Philharmonic Orchestra Primary Artist,Track Performer
Nic Raine Conductor,Track Performer
Gareth Williams Organ
Pavel Kühn Choir Master
City of Prague Philharmonic Orchestra Performing Ensemble
Technical CreditsNino Rota Liner Notes
John Luard Timperley Engineer
Mike Townend Orchestration
David Wishart Liner Notes
James Fitzpatrick Producer,Liner Notes
Sean Mowle Artwork
Reynold da Silva Executive Producer
Frank Dicksee Cover Painting