- Wilson Rag
- Freight Train
- Going Down the Road Feeling Bad
- I Don't Love Nobody
- Ain't Got No Honey Baby Now
- Graduation March
- Honey Babe Your Papa Cares for You
- Medley: Here Old Rattler Here/Sent for My Fiddle Sent for My ...
- Medley: Run...Run/Mama Your Son Done Gone
- Medley: Sweet Bye and Bye/What a Friend We Have in Jesus
- Oh, Babe, It Ain't No Lie
- Spanish Flangdang
- When I Get Home
Recorded in 1957 and early 1958 by Mike Seeger, Freight Train and Other North Carolina Folk Songs and Tunes collects the influential debut sides cut by a then-62-year-old Elizabeth Cotten; even decades after their first release, they remain a veritable primer in the art of finger-picked style guitar playing. The quaint, homespun quality of the material -- much of it recorded at Cotten's home with her grandchildren looking on in silence -- adds immensely to its intimacy and warmth; the sound quality varies wildly from track to track, but the amazing instrumental work shines through regardless on tracks like the opening "Wilson Rag" and the now-standard "Freight Train."