- Pub. Date:
* Gain new perspective on keys and tonalities so that you have total control over the music you play
* Get to know scale formulas and new number systems so you know music from the inside out
* Push to and resolve on chords using dominant function and voice leading
* Change keys, borrow chords, and mix modes in order to add more variety to your chord progressions
* Get jazzy by using chromatic, diminished, and augmented passing chords
* Become a more proficient lead guitarist by narrowing your focus to the scale patterns preferred by the pros
* Make your lead lines more melodic and give them more direction with chord tone soloing
* Create new sounds and new chord progressions with the harmonic minor scale
* Add more depth and dimension to your playing by using pedal point and pedal tones
Level: Recommended for intermediate level players on up who have already completed the first volume of Fretboard Theory.
Fretboard Theory and Fretboard Theory Volume II are also available as a 33-hour video series that is sold separately on the author's GuitarMusicTheory.com website. Visit the website and sign up for email lessons to sample the footage.