1. Explore foreign cultures
2. Sample outstanding food
3. Desperately flee impending personal crisis
Lenny left his wife, Monique, a bucket list of things they'd dreamed of doing together before cancer took his life. For four years, she ignored it, too busy raising their daughter to consider the painful task of resurrecting shattered dreams.
But when her next-door neighbor, Judy, starts a slow slide into a personal crisis, and another friend, Becky, receives shocking news about her future, Monique realizes that Lenny's legacy could be a gift to three women in desperate need of a new perspective.
Whisking her friends away on adventures from London to Paris, from Monaco to Milan, she is determined to follow the bucket list to the letter-until one eventful evening knocks the three friends off the beaten path. Caught up in adventures of their own making, they begin to understand: Sometimes getting lost is the only way to find what you're really looking for.
|Publisher:||Grand Central Publishing|
|Sold by:||Hachette Digital, Inc.|
|File size:||1 MB|
About the Author
What People are Saying About This
"Higgins writes with grace and humor, reminding us to hold tight to the ones we love."
- Luanne Rice, New York Times bestselling author of The Deep Blue Sea for Beginners on The Proper Care and Maintenance of Friendship
"The Proper Care and Maintenance of Friendship is a lovely novel with moments of deeply moving insight into what it means to be a mother, a wife, and a friend. Read it and share it with your own friends-you'll be glad you did!"
- Nancy Thayer, New York Times bestselling author of Beachcombers on The Proper Care and Maintenance of Friendship
"Full of humor, love, and life lessons, this is an uplifting and satisfying novel that lingers long after the last page."
- Elizabeth Noble, bestselling author of The Reading Group and The Girl Next Door on The Proper Care and Maintenance of Friendship
"[A] happy reminder that life is all about taking risks."
- Publishers Weekly on The Proper Care and Maintenance of Friendship