Frogeye Sprite - The Complete Story is the only book to have been written exclusively about the iconic Mark 1 Austin Healey Sprite. The headlights in the bonnet and unusual radiator grill shape gave the car a cheeky grin, so it soon gained the name 'Frogeye'. The book covers the full story of the design, development and manufacture of the Mark 1 Austin Healey Sprite, including the considerable success of the car in racing and rallying.
Topics covered include:
- The car's racing success with drivers such as Stirling Moss, John Sprinzel, Paddy Hopkirk and Alec Poole.
- The special-bodied and custom grand touring versions such as the Sebring Sprite, Alexander GT and Lenham GT, plus the one-off Lumbertubs Sprite.
- Modern day Sprites - new-builds and restorations.
- Owners' experiences of living with and driving the Frogeye.
- Information about clubs and support for owners.
Foreword by Bic Healey.
|Publisher:||The Crowood Press UK|
|Product dimensions:||8.50(w) x 10.30(h) x 0.80(d)|
About the Author
John Baggott has been an active motorsport competitor since 1977. John has written numerous magazine articles about classic cars and motorsport. His previous books include MGB – The Racing Story [Crowood 2002].