Uh-oh, it looks like your Internet Explorer is out of date.
For a better shopping experience, please upgrade now.
Experience a place the way the locals do. Enjoy the best it has to offer. And avoid tourist traps. At Frommer's, we use 150 outspoken travel experts around the world to help you make the right choices. Frommer's. Your guide to a world of travel experience. Choose the Only Guide That Gives You:
- Outspoken opinions on what's worth your time and what's not.
- Exact prices, so you can plan the perfect trip no matter what your budget.
- Off-the-beaten-path experiences and undiscovered gems, plus new takes on top attractions.
- The best hotels and restaurants in every price range, with candid reviews.
- The expert guidance you need to take charge and travel with confidence.
- Book flights, hotels, and rental cars.
- Get free updates on attractions and prices.
About the Author
Table of ContentsList of Maps.
1. The Best of Alaska.
2. Planning Your Trip: The Basics.
Planning Your Trip: An Online Directory.
3. For Foreign Visitors.
4. Cruising Alaskan's Coast.
5. Southeast Alaska.
6. Anchorage & Environs.
7. The Kenai Peninsula & Prince William Sound.
8. The Denali Park Region.
9. The Alaskan Interior.
10. The Bush.
Appendix: Alaska in Depth.
1. Natural History: Rough Drafts & Erasures.
2. Politics & History: Living a Frontier Myth.
3. The People: Three Ways to Win an Argument in Alaska.
4. Alaska Wildlife.