Experience a place the way the locals do. Enjoy the best it has to offer. And avoid tourist traps. At Frommer's, we use 150 outspoken travel experts around the world to help you make the right choices. Frommer's. Your guide to a world of travel experience. Choose the Only Guide That Gives You:
- Outspoken opinions on what's worth your time and what's not.
- Exact prices, so you can plan the perfect trip no matter what your budget.
- Off-the-beaten-path experiences and undiscovered gems, plus new takes on top attractions.
- The best hotels and restaurants in every price range, with candid reviews.
- The expert guidance you need to take charge and travel with confidence.
- Book flights, hotels, and rental cars.
- Get free updates on attractions and prices.
About the Author
About the Authors Sydney resident Marc Llewellyn (chapters 3, 4, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, and "Australia in Depth") is one of Australia's premier travel writers and a regular contributor to all of Australia's leading newspaper travel sections and travel magazines. As a member of the Australian Society of Travel Writers, he keeps his suitcase ready packed beneath his bed. He is also the author of Frommer's Portable Sydney and co-author of Frommer's Australia from $50 a Day. Natalie Kruger (chapters 2, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and the online directory), another Sydneysider, spent 7 years as a public relations consultant for international and Australian airlines, global hotel chains, tourist promotion boards, and tourism industry organizations, until she realized it is more fun to be a travel writerthat way, you get to say what you really think. She contributes travel pieces to Australia's top newspapers and magazines, including the prestigious Weekend Australian, and is a member of the Australian Society of Travel Writers. She is co-author of Frommer's Australia from $50 a Day.
Table of Contents
List of Maps.
1. The Best of Australia.
2. Planning Your Trip: The Basics.
Planning Your Trip: An Online Directory.
4. New South Wales.
6. Queensland & the Great Barrier Reef.
7. The Red Centre.
8. The Top End.
9. Perth & Western Australia.
10. Adelaide & South Australia.
Appendix: Australia in Depth.
1. Australian History.
2. The People of Oz.
3. Aussie Eats & Drinks.
4. Recommended Reading.