- The ancient colleges and dreamy spires of East Anglia
- The forest that Robin Hood made famousand the legendary castle of King Arthur
- Land's End, Stonehenge, and other wonders of the West Country
- The villages of the Cotswolds
- Scotland's Highlands and mysterious Loch Ness
- Snowdonia's peaks, Yorkshire's wind-swept moors, and the Lake District And much, much more!
- 30 distinctive, easy-to-use itinerariesall fully illustrated with beautiful full-color photos
- Exact directions, distances, and driving times for each route
- All the sights along the waywith highlights for history buffs, nature lovers, and families traveling with kids
- Scenic side trips, special moments, and recommended walks
- Detailed, accurate full-color route-planning maps
Table of ContentsRoute Map of Britain inside front and back covers.
About This Book.
Tour 1: Bays, Cliffs & Granite.
Tour 2: Mining, Moorland & Legends.
Tour 3: Where Exmoor Meets the Sea.
Tour 4: Somerset#39;s Hamstone Towns.
Tour 5: Hills & Vales of West Wessex.
The South & Southeast.
Tour 6: A Journey Across the Weald.
Tour 7: From Cathedral to Cliffs.
Tour 8: The Downs & Valleys of Hampshire.
Tour 9: Ancient Hunting Ground of Kings.
Wales & The Marches.
Tour 10: Castles on the Welsh Marches.
Tour 11: The Pembroke Coast National Park.
Tour 12: Land of Rivers & Mountains.
Tour 13: Water, Water Everywhere.
Tour 14: Quarries, Castles & Railways.
Central England & East Anglia.
Tour 15: Through Fen, Forest & Farmland.
Tour 16: Fen, Farm & Coast.
Tour 17: East Anglia#39;s Churches & Colleges.
Tour 18: Cotswold Wool & Stone.
Tour 19: The Rural Heart of England.
Tour 20: Old Volcanoes & Bridges in Shropshire.
Tour 21: The Heart of Lakeland.
Tour 22: Across the Backbone of England.
Tour 23: Over Hills & Plains.
Tour 24: Derbyshire#39;s White Peak.
Tour 25: From Vale to Moor.
Tour 26: History & Mystery.
Tour 27: The Castles of Mar.
Tour 28: Exploring the Tweed Valley.
Tour 29: Along the Smugglers#39; Coast.
Tour 30: The Beautiful Western Highlands.
Index and Acknowledgements.