Brussels & Bruges Day By Day is the perfect pocket guide book for independent travellers providing a practical, colourful format with useful, clear maps and expertly designed tours. The guide highlights the must-see places and offers knowledgeable opinion on where to stay, eat and shop.
- Includes special interest tours for the kids, for art lovers, especially surrealist Magritte, Art Nouveau architecture enthusiasts, foodies who enjoy beer and chocolate, and cartoon strip fans.
- Details great neighbourhood walking tours around Brussels, exploring Saint-Géry and Sainte-Catherine, the Marolles, Laeken, and Ixelles.
- The Best Dining from classic Belgian cuisine of carbonnades, stoemp, and mussels to sushi.
- The Best Nightlife around traditional Belgian beer halls and Art Nouveau cafés.
- The Best Arts and Entertainment including the best jazz clubs and rock venues.
- The Best Lodging from budget to luxury boutique hotels.
- Bruges - a complete section dedicated to Bruges, touring the magical canals, the cafés of the Markt square, Michelangelo's Madonna and Child in the Onze-Lieve-Vrouwe-Kerk and lace-making at the Kantcentrum, as well as all the town's best hotels, restaurants and shops.
- Helpful tips and all you need to know to make the most of your trip.
- Maps to accompany every tour as well as a fold-out map in a plastic case.
|Series:||Frommer's Day by Day - Pocket Series , #144|
|Product dimensions:||4.16(w) x 7.30(h) x 0.60(d)|
About the Author
After co-writing books on Japanese prints and on guitars, Mary Anne Evans turned to her more immediate surroundings and became one of the leading travel writers on London and Britain, specializing in restaurants and hotels. Several guidebooks and many magazine articles later, Europe beckoned, particularly Belgium, a country which is still one of Europe’s lesserknown gems.