Temporarily Out of Stock Online
America’s #1 bestselling travel series
Written by more than 175 outspoken travelers around the globe, Frommer’s Complete Guides help travelers experience places the way locals do.
• More annually updated guides than any other series
• 16-page color section and foldout map in all annual guides
• Outspoken opinions, exact prices, and suggested itineraries
• Dozens of detailed maps in an easy-to-read, two-color design
Frommer's. The best trips start here.
• Experience a place the way the locals do. Enjoy the best it has to offer.
• Details on the best Canada has to offer, from the beaches of Prince Edward Island to the mountains of the Canadian Rockies.
• Outspoken opinions on what's worth your time and what's not.
• Exact prices, so you can plan the perfect trip whatever your budget.
• Off-the-beaten-path experiences and undiscovered gems, plus new takes on top attractions.
About the Author
Leslie Brokaw is frequent traveler to Montréal and Québec City from her home base in Boston. She teaches at Emerson College, writes a film column for The Boston Globe, and covers travel, business, and entertainment for a wide variety of other publications and websites. Brokaw spent her early career at Inc. magazine as a writer and Web editor.
Toronto native Hilary Davidson now calls New York City home, thanks to her persuasive Manhattan-born husband, Daniel. She is a contributing editor at Chatelaine magazine and has written for American Archaeology, Discover, Executive Travel, Fitness, Glow, House & Home, and Martha Stewart Weddings. She is also the author of Frommer’s Toronto and Frommer’s New York City Day by Day. She can be reached at email@example.com.
Paul Karr has written, co-authored, or edited more than 25 guidebooks, including Vancouver & Victoria For Dummies; Frommer’s Nova Scotia, New Brunswick & Prince Edward Island; Frommer’s New England; Frommer’s Vermont, New Hampshire & Maine; and Frommer’s Maine Coast. He also has contributed to Frommer’s Irreverent Guides to Rome and Vancouver. In addition, he has written articles for Sierra and Sports Illustrated, among other publications. He divides his time among New England, both coasts of Canada, Europe, and Japan.
Bill McRae was born and raised in rural eastern Montana, though he spent the better years of his youth attending university in Great Britain, France, and Canada. He has previously written about Montana, Utah, and Oregon for Moon Publications and about the Pacific Northwest and Seattle for Lonely Planet. Other publications he has written for include National Geographic, Microsoft Expedia, and 1,000 Places to See in the U.S.A. and Canada Before You Die for Workman Press. Bill also is co-author of Frommer’s British Columbia & the Canadian Rockies. He makes his home in Portland, Oregon.
Donald Olson is a novelist, playwright, and travel writer. He has published several novels, most recently The Confessions of Aubrey Beardsley and, under the pen name of Swan Adamson, My Three Husbands and Confessions of a Pregnant Princess. His plays have been staged in the U.S. and Europe. Donald Olson’s travel stories have appeared in The New York Times, Travel & Leisure, Sunset, National Geographic books, and many other publications. He is the author of England For Dummies (winner of the 2002 Lowell Thomas Travel Writing Award for Best Guidebook), London For Dummies, Germany For Dummies, Frommer’s London from $95 a Day, Frommer’s Portable London from $95 a Day, and Frommer’s Irreverent Guide to London.
Table of Contents
List of Maps.
What's New in Canada.
1. The Best of Canada.
2. Planning Your Trip to Canada.
3. Nova Scotia (Paul Karr).
4. New Brunswick (Paul Karr).
5. Prince Edward Island (Paul Karr).
6. Newfoundland & Labrador (Paul Karr).
7. Montréal (Leslie Brokaw).
8. Québec City & the Gaspé Peninsula (Leslie Brokaw).
9. Ottawa & Eastern Ontario (Paul Kerr).
10. Toronto (Hilary Davidson).
11. Southwestern Ontario (Hilary Davidson).
12. North to Ontario's Lakelands & Beyond (Hilary Davidson).
13. Manitoba & Saskatchewan (Bill McRae).
14. Alberta & the Rockies (Bill McRae).
15. Vancouver (Donald Olson).
16. Victoria & British Columbia (Bill McRae & Donald Olson).
17. The Yukon, Northwest Territories & Nunavut (Bill McRae).
Appendix: Canada in Depth (Bill McRae).