Experience a place the way the locals do. Enjoy the best it has to offer. And avoid tourist traps. At Frommer's, we use 150 outspoken travel experts around the world to help you make the right choices. Frommer's. Your guide to a world of travel experience.
Choose the Only Guide That Gives You:
• Everything you need to know to have a great trip, from descriptions of Frank Lloyd Wright's architecture to the best deep-dish pizza and the newest clubs and restaurants.
• Outspoken opinions on what's worth your time and what's not.
• Exact prices, so you can plan the perfect trip no matter what your budget.
• Off-the-beaten-path experiences and undiscovered gems, plus new takes on top attractions.
• The best hotels and restaurants in every price range, with candid reviews.
About the Author
Elizabeth Canning Blackwell began life on the East Coast, but 4 years at Northwestern University transformed her into a Midwesterner. She has worked as a writer and editor at Encyclopedia Britannica, Northwestern University Medical School, the Chicago Tribune, and North Shore, a lifestyle magazine for the Chicago suburbs. She also has written for national magazines on everything from planning the perfect wedding to fighting a duel. She lives just outside the city with her husband, daughter, and an extensive collection of long underwear.
Table of Contents
List of Maps.
What's New in Chicago.
1. The Best of Chicago.
2. A Traveler's Guide to Chicago's Architecture (Lisa Torrance).
3. Planning Your Trip to Chicago.
4. For International Visitors.
5. Getting to Know the Windy City.
6. Where to Stay.
7. Where to Dine.
8. Exploring Chicago.
10. Chicago After Dark.
Appendix: Chicago in Depth.