- Completely updated every year, Frommer's Chicago features 16 pages of gorgeous color photos of the sights and experiences that await you.
- Chicago, fast becoming one of the nation’s greenest cities, is home to a number of eco-friendly hotels and restaurants, which are highlighted in this latest edition.
- Our Chicago expert takes art, architecture, and museum lovers behind the scenes, giving you tips on which exhibits are worth your time, how to see the sights on a budget, and a detailed guide to the city’s architectural wonders.
- You'll also get up-to-the-minute coverage of shopping and nightlife; a detailed walking tour of the Loop’s best sculptures; accurate neighborhood maps; and advice on planning a successful family vacation (including the Obama family’s favorite hangouts).
- Frommer's Chicago also includes a color photo insert and fold-out map.
About the Author
Elizabeth Canning Blackwell began life on the East Coast, but 4 years at Northwestern University transformed her into a Midwesterner. She has worked as a writer and editor at Encyclopedia Britannica, Northwestern University Medical School, the Chicago Tribune, and North Shore, a lifestyle magazine for the Chicago suburbs. She has also written for national magazines on everything from planning the perfect wedding to fighting a duel. She lives just outside the city with her husband, three kids, and an extensive collection of long underwear.
Table of Contents
List of Maps.
1 The Best of Chicago.
2 Chicago in Depth.
3 Planning Your Trip to Chicago.
4 Suggested Chicago Itineraries.
5 Where to Stay.
6 Where to Dine.
7 Exploring Chicago.
8 Chicago Strolls.
10 Chicago After Dark.
11 Fast Facts, Toll-Free Numbers & Websites.