Want it by Thursday, October 18
Order now and choose Expedited Shipping during checkout.
Same Day shipping in Manhattan. See Details
This is the freshly-researched, 2017 edition of a travel classic, is a comprehensive guidebook to all the Hawaiian islands. Of its three authors, all specialists in Hawaiian travel and widely published, two live in Hawaii, while the third makes constant trips there from her base in California.
The book is fully updated yearly; set in large, easy-to-read fonts; and contains:
- Dozens of spectacular photos
- Full-color maps throughout including a helpful, pull-out map
- Sample itineraries so you can make the most of your time in country
- Savvy tips on how to avoid the crowds and save money, whether you’re a luxury lover or a backpacker
- Opinionated advice on beaches, other nature areas, outfitters, museums and other attractions, with star ratings to help you quickly decide what to see and what to skip. The book also contains dozens of no-holds-barred reviews of hotels, restaurants, nightlife venues and shops, from authors who have visited them all, and so have the ability to compare.
About the Author
Martha Cheng is the food editor of Honolulu Magazine. Originally from San Francisco, she's a former pastry chef, line cook, food truck owner, Peace Corps volunteer and Google techie. These days, she surfs, eats and writes mostly in Honolulu, occasionally leaving paradise to explore its other forms.
Jeanne Cooper is the former travel editor of the San Francisco Chronicle. She travels frequently throughout Hawaii, writes the Hawaii Insider blog and Aloha Friday column for SFGate.com. She has also written about the islands for Sunset, Caviar Affair and My Table magazines, as well as numerous Chronicle Travel sections, and has contributed to guidebooks on San Francisco, Boston and Washington, D.C. for Fodors, Travel & Leisure, and Time Out, among others. A native of Houston, Texas, she was inspired to study hula by her mother, who lived in Hawaii before statehood.
Shannon Wianecki has been exploring Hawaii’s hidden treasures since her “small kid” days. An award-winning writer and editor, she contributes to numerous magazines and books including Spirituality & Health, Modern Luxury Hawaii, and Hana Hou! and Top Maui Restaurants. She’s currently working on a high school science curriculum based on native Hawaiian ecosystems. When she isn’t busy writing about rare plants or fascinating local characters, she’s out looking for them with her four-legged sidekick, Spike. She resides in Maui, HI.