Temporarily Out of Stock Online
These attractively priced, four-color guides offer dozens of neighborhood and thematic tours, complete with hundreds of photos and bulleted maps that lead the way from sight to sight. Day by Days are the only guides that help travelers organize their time to get the most out of a trip.
• Full-color package at an affordable price
• Star ratings for all hotels, restaurants, and attractions
• Foldout front covers with maps and quick-reference information
• Tear-resistant map in a handy, reclosable plastic wallet
• Handy pocket-sized trim
- Includes special interest tours that appeal to food lovers, architecture buffs, history enthusiasts and business travelers
- Details great neighborhood walking tours through the Central and Western Districts, Kowloon, the Hong Kong Land Loop, and Cheung Chau Island
- Includes day trips to Macau, the outlying islands, the New Territories and Guangzhou
- Features a Chinese-language appendix that includes Chinese ideograms as well as pinyin
About the Author
Alex Ortolani worked as a journalist in Hong Kong and Beijing for over 3 years. He has master’s degrees in creative writing and African literature and was a Fulbright scholar in South Africa.
Table of Contents
10 Favorite Moments.
1 The Best Full-Day Tours.
The Best in One Day.
The Best in Two Days.
The Best in Three Days.
2 The Best Special-Interest Tours.
Chinese Hong Kong.
The Best Museums & Galleries.
Hong Kong Architecture.
British Hong Kong.
3 The Best Neighborhood Walks.
Yau Ma Tei & Mongkok.
The Best Walk in Tsim Sha Tsui.
The Best Walk in Central & Western.
4 The Best Shopping.
Shopping Best Bets.
Shopping A to Z.
5 The Best of the Outdoors.
Hong Kong Beaches.
Hong Kong Hikes.
6 The Best Dining.
Dining Best Bets.
Restaurants A to Z.
7 The Best Nightlife.
Nightlife Best Bets.
Nightlife A to Z.
8 The Best Arts & Entertainment.
Arts & Entertainment Best Bets.
Arts & Entertainment A to Z.
9 The Best Lodging.
Lodging Best Bets.
Lodging A to Z.
10 The Best Day Trips & Excursions.
The Savvy Traveler.
Before You Go.
Hong Kong: A Brief History.
Useful Phrases & Menu Terms.
Toll-Free Numbers & Websites.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
This is a great little book for seeing the sights of Hong Kong -- will easily fit in a purse or even a back pocket. Very easy to "navigate" and understand. Lots of great info with suggestions for seeing the city in as little as 1/2/or3 days, for shopping, for nite life, for restaurants,and maps -- you name it, it's got it!!