Experience a place the way the locals do. Enjoy the best it has to offer.
- Insider tips from a Hawaii local on finding the best beaches, shopping, dining, nightlife, outdoor pursuits, and more.
- Outspoken opinions on what's worth your time and what's not.
- Exact prices, so you can plan the perfect trip whatever your budget.
- Off-the-beaten-path experiences and undiscovered gems, plus new takes on top attractions.
About the Author
A resident of the Big Island, Jeanette Foster has skied the slopes of Mauna Kea––during a Fourth of July ski meet, no less––and has gone scuba diving with manta rays off the Kona Coast. A prolific writer widely published in travel, sports, and adventure magazines, she’s the author of Frommer’s Hawaii 2006, Frommer’s Maui 2006, Frommer’s Hawaii from $80 a Day, and Frommer’s Kauai. She’s also a contributing editor to Hawaii magazine and the editor of Zagat’s Survey to Hawaii’s Top Restaurants.
Table of ContentsList of Maps.
What's New in Honolulu, Waikiki & Oahu.
1. The Best of Oahu.
2. Planning Your Trip to Oahu.
3. For International Visitors.
4. Where to Stay.
5. Where to Dine.
6. Fun in the Surf & Sun.
7. Exploring Oahu.
9. Oahu After Dark.
Appendix: Honolulu & Oahu in Depth.