"Written by travel veterans with a nose for comfort . Accuracy: high." Details magazine Everything You Need for an Unforgettableand AffordableTrip!
- Inviting places to stay, from charming B&Bs located steps away from major attractions to cozy rooms in trendy Notting Hillfor as little as $35 per person a night!
- Great dining at unbelievably low prices, from a $10 feast at a traditional Indian restaurant to a $16 fixed-price dinner at one of Soho's hottest new wave pubs
- A complete guide to the city's sights, from Big Ben and the British Museum to Buckingham Palaceplus the lowdown on what to see and do for free (or almost)
- Where to shop for woolens and high fashion you can affordplus the best sales and street markets
- Low-cost nightlife: half-priced West End Theater, pubs, and more
- Detailed, accurate two-color city, neighborhood, and transit maps
About the Author
About the Author Harriot Lane Fox is a native Londoner and has lived in the city all her life. Her interest in travel began with an epic three-month adventure in the United States after she left school. At university, she spent a year living and studying in France. Harriot's first job was as a public relations consultant, but seven years ago she swapped sides to become a journalist. A former features editor of a business magazine, she is now a freelancer and writes on subjects as diverse as big-brand marketing and garden design.
Table of Contents
List of Maps.
1. The Best of London.
2. Planning an Affordable Trip to London.
3. Getting to Know London.
4. Accommodations You Can Afford.
5. Great Deals on Dining.
6. Exploring London.
8. London After Dark.
9. Easy Excursions from London.
Appendix: London in Depth.
1. London Today.
2. A Look at the Past.
3. The Architectural Landscape.
4. Pies, Puddings & Pints: The Lowdown on British Cuisine.
5. Recommended Books & Films.
Frommer's Online Directory.
Afternoon Tea Index.