Explore the city with a real New Yorker, who gives you inside tips on hotels, restaurants, attractions, and nightlife.
- The best places to eat, from vintage delis to pizza joints to power palaces.
- Off-the-beaten-path experiences and undiscovered gems, plus new takes on top attractions, and the latest news on the newest hotels, restaurants and hotspots in the City that Never Sleeps.
About the Author
Brian Silverman is a freelance writer whose work has been published in Saveur, The New Yorker, Caribbean Travel & Life, Islands, Four Seasons. Among the many topics he writes about are food, travel, sports, and music. He is the author of numerous books including Going, Going, Gone: The History, Lore, and Mystique of the Home Run, and the Twentieth Century Treasury of Sports. For Frommer’s, he has written Complete, Portable, and Budget guides to New York City, as well as New York City For Dummies. He lives in Manhattan with his wife and children.
Table of Contents
List of Maps.
What’s New in New York City.
1. The Best of the Big Apple.
2. A Traveler’s Guide to New York’s Architecture (Lisa Torrance Duffy).
3. Planning Your Trip to New York City.
4. Suggested New York City Itineraries.
5. Getting to Know New York City.
6. Where to Stay.
7. Where to Dine.
8. Exploring New York City.
10. New York City After Dark.