- Full-color throughout
- Free full-color, foldout map
- Insider advice on avoiding the crowds as you explore some of northern Italy's greatest gems, from Venice's canals to the fishing villages of the Cinque Terre. Plus tips for navigating the country's lovely but less-traveled corners, like the Dolomites.
- Where to find the absolute best seafood in Venice, the loveliest churches in Verona, the best museums of Turin, and, of course, the finest gelato that Italy has to offer.
- Insightful commentary on northern Italy's dazzling array of art and architectural masterpieces, from Da Vinci's Last Supper to the Duomo.
- Opinionated reviews No bland descriptions and lukewarm recommendations. Our expert writers are passionate about their destinations—they tell it like it is in an engaging and helpful way.
- Exact prices listed for every establishment and activity—no other guides offer such detailed, candid reviews of hotels and restaurants. We include the very best, but also emphasize moderately priced choices for real people.
- User-friendly features including star ratings and special icons to point readers to great finds, excellent values, insider tips, best bets for kids, special moments, and overrated experiences.
|Series:||Frommer's Color Complete Series|
|Product dimensions:||5.20(w) x 8.04(h) x 0.99(d)|
About the Author
Eric Sylvers has worked as a journalist and writer for more than a decade in Italy, where he has written about everything from the country's economic woes to bike racing. The California native, outdoor enthusiast, and avid biker has traveled up and down the peninsula many times, including once on foot from the Swiss border to the far southeastern coast (the heel of the boot). Northern Italy with Venice, Milan & the Lakes is his first Frommer’s guide. Eric blogs about Italian food, wine, and culture at www.foodieinitaly.com.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
Focusing on a region instead of a whole country allows the writer to go into detail on small villages and into depth on the larger cities. Enjoyable reading with tips and human interest commentaries that blend the pictorial and narrative best selling guides. Also- for fellow book lovers-the pages feel classy, not cheap. This is the one I will take on my trip to the Veneto next spring.