"Written in the spirit of discovery, as Frommer's guides always have been, and it bears the time-tested pedigree."Chicago Sun-Times Familia Hotel, Latin Quarter From $33$48 per person, per night, for two Frommer's® Dollar-A-Day guides show you how to travel in stylewithout breaking the bank. You'll find inexpensive accommodations that don't skimp on comfort. Affordable restaurants where locals go for a good meal. And all the best sightseeing and shopping values. Frommer's Dollar-A-Day guidebooks. First-class travel on a budget. Everything You Need for an Unforgettableand AffordableTrip:
- Inviting places to stay, from charming Left Bank hotels to cozy rooms around the corner from Sainte-Chapellefor as little as $30 per person a night!
- Great dining at unbelievably low prices, from $8 crêpe lunches to a memorable $18 menu du jour at a Right Bank bistro.
- A complete guide to the city's sights, from the galleries of the Louvre to the haunts of Picasso, Piaf, and Steinplus great neighborhood strolls.
- The best buys, from boutique bargains to flea market finds.
- Low-cost nightlife in the City of Light: free classical concerts, dance clubs, cabaret, moonlit walks along the Seine, and more.
- Detailed, accurate two-color maps.
- Book flights, hotels, and rental cars.
- Get free updates on attractions and prices.
About the Author
About the Author Cheryl A. Pientka is a freelance journalist and assistant literary agent. She's the author of Paris For Dummies and a coauthor of France For Dummies. A graduate of Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism and the University of Delaware, she lives in Paris when she's not in New York
Table of Contents
List of Maps.
1. The Best of Paris from $80 a Day.
2. Planning Your Trip: The Basics.
Planning Your Trip: An Online Directory.
3. Getting to Know the City of Light.
4. Affordable Places to Stay.
5. Great Deals on Dining.
6. Seeing the Sights.
7. Paris Strolls.
9. Paris After Dark.
10. Side Trips from Paris.
Appendix A: Paris in Depth.
1. History 101.
2. Parisian Art.
3. Recommended Reading.
Appendix B: A Glossary of Useful French-Language Terms.
Tea Salon Index.
Wine Bar Index.